Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

ColourSpun in Stitches

I have a pile of swatches on a shelf in my studio that are often my inspiration when I'm not sure what stitch pattern or yarn I want to use. They are all knit in ColourSpun and show me exactly how my yarn looks and behaves in different stitches. Although I can't share the feel here, I can share the look and instructions for you to create a pile of your own. I'll be adding new ones from time to time, so check back often. All the yarn used is available here

Bamboo Stitch



Although it looks complicated, the bamboo stitch is easy enough for beginners ready to move on from stocking stitch. All it involves is passing a “yarn over” over 2 knit stitches and the result is a firm fabric with an interesting texture on both sides. It works well with all types of yarn and looks really good using multi-coloured yarn. Starting a row with a yarn over can be tricky so this sample has a selvage stitch at the beginning and end of each row.

You will need
ColourSpun Pure Merino Aran - available here
4.5mm Knitting needles

Abbreviations
K             knit
P             purl
YO          Yarn over 
PYOO2  Pass YO over 2 stitches
St            stitch

Instructions
Cast on an even number of stitches
Row 1: K1; (YO; K2; PYOO2) to last st; K1
Row 2 and 4: Purl
Row 3: K2; (YO; K2; PYOO2) to last st; K2

Repeat these 4 rows for your pattern.
Cast off on row 2 or 4.



Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting here and for your comment