Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back Home

Hi Everyone,

This time last week, my friend Linda and I were on our way to Sabie to help her brother and sister in law furnish and decorate their new venture - Lew's View. The first two self catering units are done. We had a wonderful time choosing everything from patio furniture right down to dish cloths. Talk about shop till you drop! We did most of the shopping in Nelspruit and I must tell you that the staff at the Mr. Price Home Store at the new Ilanga mall are absolutely amazing. It took us two full days of shopping on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday we took a break so that I could get some photos for my book in Pilgrims Rest and Graskop and on Thursday we hit the shops again!

                                          What a squash!


The last bit of  shopping about to be loaded

Now that I'm home again, I've been doing the last bits of projects for the December issue of Stitches and I think it's going to be a really great one. Lots of lovely gift projects, and I have an idea for the November page of the birthday calender - courtesy of "Guns n Roses", can you guess what it is? I've also been knitting madly and have 2 sleeves to go, then all the book knitting will be finished.

Yesterday afternoon I plied the yarn I spun last week. When I looked at it, it seemed strangely familiar so I dug in my hand spun basket and voila - I have another skein that looks the same! The first skein was spun ages ago from tops I dyed and yesterday's skein was spun from tops dyed by Carle of Nurturing fibres :) I think I'm keeping these for me and I'm going to make something special with this yarn.

Until next time - :)

1 comment:

  1. That's an impressive shopping spree. And gorgeous yarn, hello!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting here and for your comment