Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bags of Fun

The last couple of weeks have gone by in a blur. I got some new dyes and have been dyeing almost 24/7!
What fun, I love mixing up different colours and then watching the yarn transform in the pots. The weather has been a lot cooler, misty, overcast and fairly wet but the dye pots keep my studio lovely and warm and colourful. I'll be posting some photos of the new colours here soon and will list them on my website and on etsy too.

Having so much fun reminded me of a pattern I did a while ago - a tote bag that I called

"Bags of Fun"

These bags are great fun to make and very versatile. Use them to carry your latest craft project, for shopping, or knit them up in cotton yarns to take your goodies to the beach.

You will need:
1m x 1.5m denim or similar fabric (makes 2 bags)
Sewing thread
Sewing machine
300g yarn (for each bag) in assorted colours and textures – mainly double knitting weight
1 pair knitting needles size 5,5mm or Nina S9 knitting machine, tension set at 9



The pattern for this bag is available  from my Craftsy Pattern Store or my Ravelry Pattern Store

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting here and for your comment