Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day

Happy Earth Day everyone

I have been having some fun and games with my internet connection so I have to appologise for not being around the last few days. It has been really frustrating not being able to connect to the world but I have been busy with a lot of other things :)

Since it's Earth Day today, I decided to dye some special yarn. I chose some of my cotton, which is organic and used my usual earth friendly dyes to colour it. It's outside in the sun stoves at the moment and I can't wait for it to finish "cooking". I'll wash it this evening and it should be dry tomorrow. I chose a number of colours for each skein - greens for the plants and trees, purples, blues and turquoise for the rain, oceans and rivers and red and yellow for the warmth, light and energy of the sun that is essential for life. I plan to give a skein or 2 of this special yarn to one of my follower friends on the monthaversary of my blog which is in a few days time, so if you aren't a follower yet - now's the time to join.

The hand paint method I used for today's yarn is beautifully described in Linda LaBelle's book - The Yarn Lovers Guide to Hand Dyeing. If you're interested in dyeing your own yarn, this is a lovely book to own.


Here's the yarn "cooking" in the sun

- and here's wishing you all a Green day!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting here and for your comment