Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A New Skill

I received my spinning wheel as a gift from my husband for my 40th birthday (letting my age out here ;-) and finally learnt to use it properly at a fibre retreat last year. I love spinning - probably as much as I love knitting - but the only problem is a spinning wheel is not that portable.

The new skill I would like to learn is how to spin on a drop spindle. I received a lovely Ashford drop spindle as a gift earlier this year. I have watched people spinning away on them - even total spinning beginners and they all make it look so easy but I just can't seem to get the hang of it - so - I'm looking forward to the next fibre retreat where I aim to learn to to spin that spindle!

This book, "Spin It" looks like a good idea - has anyone read it? If so, let me know what you think of it by leaving a comment here.

3 comments:

  1. I was a little bit surprised at your 40th birthday. You look like 25 in your picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dana,
    I would also love to learn to spin on a drop spindle:) Maby we should take our drop spindles to our next knitting morning and give it a try?
    Love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. ieva :D thank you

    Linda - lets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting here and for your comment